What is: Pressure Washing
Pressure Gets Things Cleaner 💦✨
What does pressure washing mean? To borrow the Wikipedia definition:
Pressure washing or power washing is the use of high-pressure water spray to remove loose paint, mold, grime, dust, mud, chewing gum and dirt from surfaces and objects such as buildings, vehicles and concrete surfaces.
You can use a pressure washer to effectively and efficiently clean wide variety of areas like:
- Parking lots
But how does pressure washing work, exactly?
There's a good scientific reason why water gets things so clean: its molecules have a slight electrical polarity (one end is positively charged and the other is negatively charged), so they tend to stick to things all by themselves.
Detergents (soap chemicals) help water to do its job even better by breaking down gunge and grease and making it easier for water to flush away.
But some kinds of ground-on dirt just won't budge, no matter how hard you try. That's when a pressure washer comes in really handy. It uses a narrow, high-pressure jet of hot or cold water to blast dirt free.
Because the water is traveling fast, it hits the dirty surface with high kinetic energy, knocking dirt and dust away like a constant rain of tiny hammer blows. It's only water, though, so it doesn't damage most hard surfaces.
Having said that, it's a good idea to test a pressure washer on an inconspicuous area before you start work to make sure it doesn't harm the surface you're cleaning. Always read the instructions before you use a pressure washer!
Why Should You Pressure Wash?
Power washing your home could seem like an extravagance if you’re not aware of the benefits, but in reality, it should be a part of every homeowner’s maintenance routine.
Your home’s exterior is exposed to harsh elements all the time; that’s it’s job! Natural conditions like sun, wind, dirt, ultraviolet rays, insects, birds – not to mention things like acid rain, smoke, pollutants and car exhaust – constantly take a beating on your home and contribute to its soiling, discoloration, and damage.
Here are 7 reasons why you should really consider pressure washing!
- Power Washing Prevents Damage.
- Maintenance Saves Money.
- Power Washing Primes Surfaces.
- Protects Your and Your Family's Health.
- It's Environmentally Friendly.
- Power Washing Saves Time.
- Restores Curb Appeal Overnight.
- Increase Property Value.
Stay Clean, Stay Safe!
But before breaking out the big guns, pressure washers are incredibly dangerous in the hands of someone careless or unprepared.
A pressure washer delivers a powerful and concentrated stream of water that is capable of causing serious injuries and damages.
- Never Aim the Wand at Anyone.
- Wear Protective Equipment.
- Don't Operate a Gas Powered Pressure Washer in an Enclosed Space. Consider using an Electric Pressure Washer for this! (Images of our Electric Pressure Washers in our Store)
- Avoid Ladders and Working at High Heights. Try using a Telescoping Wand instead. (Telescopic Spray Wand being used)
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings.
- Select the Right Nozzle. (Different Pressure Washer nozzles)
- Be Wary of Electric Shock.
- Protect Your Equipment.