Accurately test engine oil pressure with ease!
“This is a great kit for oil pressure testing! It comes with different sizes of adapters and it includes an elbow adapter if the oil pressure switch is hard to reach. The gauge also gives out accurate readings. I’ve used this a couple times already and it’s working well.” - Fernando R.
Why Buy Our Engine Oil Pressure Gauge Kit?
✅ HASSLE-FREE TESTING: This oil pressure gauge kit can be used to easily check or test engine oil pump pressure and low oil warning devices.
✅ COMPLETE KIT: The kit includes a gauge fitted with a heavy-duty cover and a 47-inch hose, quick coupling adapters of different sizes, and a 90-degree adapter for limited access applications.
📝 Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How do I use this?
- Ensure that the engine is cool first.
- Locate the oil pressure sensor / switch located in the engine block.
- Remove the switch and catch any oil that may drip. You may use any cloth to soak up the small amount of oil that may spill.
- Choose from the different sizes of the adapters included, and find the one that fits the engine and insert it where the switch was removed. If it’s hard to access, you may use the included 90-degree adapter.
- Attach the oil pressure gauge to the adapter.
- Check the engine oil level first before you start the test.
- Perform the test. The oil pressure reading should be seen on the gauge while the engine is being cranked or run then verify if the vehicle oil pressure is normal against manufacturer's recommendations.
- Once you’ve taken the reading, switch the engine off and allow it to cool before removing the pressure gauge and the adapter.
- Re-install the oil pressure sensor / switch and top of the engine oil as necessary.
- Then, it’s done!
Q: When is the best time to check engine oil pressure?
A: You should check your engine oil pressure if you’re noticing symptoms like engine overheating, burning oil smell, engine noise, or if you’re noticing problems with your engine.
Q: What can a reading indicate?
A: A low pressure reading could indicate a blocked oil filter or having not enough oil in the engine, and a high pressure reading usually implies that there is unusual resistance in the system such as dirt caused by dust or carbon deposits, which is blocking the oil flow. There are also other reasons why your oil pressure might be low or high, so it’s better to assess them carefully.
The ideal oil pressure varies depending on the car brand and model, but generally, the ideal oil pressure is between 25-65 PSI, but you still need to check with your vehicle’s manufacturer guidelines what’s the normal oil pressure for your vehicle.
Product Dimensions: 13 x 10.1 x 2.2 inches
Item Weight: 1.76 pounds
Gauge Hose Length: 1200 mm or 47 inches
📦 Package Inclusions:
- 1 x Oil Pressure Gauge with 47-inch Hose
- 1 x 90-degree Coupling Adapter
- 1 x Case
- Quick Coupling Adapters:
Adapter 1: R 1/8" 2999
Adapter 2: 1/8" x 27 NPT
Adapter 3: 1/4" x 18 NPT
Adapter 4: 3/8" x 20 UNF
Adapter 5: 1/2" x 20 UNF
Adapter 6: M10 x 1
Adapter 7: M12 x 1.5
Adapter 8: M14 x 1.5
Adapter 9: M16 x 1.5
Adapter 10: M18 x 1.5