Universal Heavy-Duty Transmission Tool!
“Easy to use and attach. This tool easily removes the stubborn snap ring. Glad I have this tool!” - Greg T.
Why Buy Our Clutch Drum Spring Compressor?
✅EFFICIENT: It can be difficult to remove the snap ring from a transmission clutch. The tool is designed to relieve pressure on the snap ring by compressing the return spring, allowing for easier snap spring removal and installation.
✅DURABLE: Made of quality and wear-resistant steel and anti-corrosion for longer service life. It has 6" long legs that are specially built for deep drums and can be mounted to a workbench, table, or bench vise.
✅COMPATIBILITY: Fits most common clutch drums up to 6" in size and is designed for use on universal transmissions.
- To remove or install the snap ring during clutch repair or transmission overhaul, apply pressure to the clutch drum's retaining washer to compress the clutch piston return spring.
- This tool does not do rear case pistons.
📝Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is the main purpose of this tool?
A: It is intended for removing and replacing the snap-ring on the long reverse piston and return spring. It functions without removing the transmission housing's center shaft and clutch assembly.
Q: When should I replace my clutch?
A: An automatic clutch will likely last anywhere from 30,000 to 100,000+ miles but slipping is a common sign of a clutch problem. This means the vehicle may shift harshly or the clutch may be easy to disengage. Slipping can lead to more slipping, which creates friction and heat, which can burn out the clutch. This is a sign you would need a clutch replacement.
Q: What are the compatible transmissions for this tool?
A: This tool is universal and will fit most common clutch drums up to 6" in size.
- Turbo-hydramatic - 180 / 180C
- Turbo-hydramatic - 350 / 375 / 400 (3L80) / 425 / 475
- Ford - C4, C5 & C6
- Ford - AOD / AODE
- Ford - ATX
- Torqueflite "6" (904) / (30RH)
- Torqueflite "8" (727) / (36RH)
- GM - 700-R4 (Must be out of the case. If you are working with it in the case you will need a T-0149.)
- GM - 4L60, 4L60E, 4L65E, 4L70
- Color: Black
- Material: Steel
- Item Weight: 7.43 lbs
- Product Dimensions: 16.81 x 9.21 x 5.79 inches
- 1x Clutch Drum Spring Compressor
GET YOURS NOW!