Listen in, charge up and stay bright with this portable emergency radio!
Going on a camping trip with the family soon? Getting ready for an eventual emergency? Want to feel relieved that you have everything you might need?
Well, make sure that you don’t forget to pack this emergency solar portable radio, to make sure that you’ve got all those bases covered!
Why do you need an Emergency Solar Portable Radio?
Whether you’re listening to the news broadcast about an oncoming hurricane or planning a trip to the great outdoors, an emergency portable radio is definitely something that you’d rather have and need than a need but not have.
Let’s make this clear, nobody wants to see themselves hunkered down in a storm shelter cowering from gale-force winds, rain, and floods. But you can never be too prepared, right? You don’t want to be stuck in a basement, guessing when rescue might arrive or unable to contact your loved ones.
Let’s change the picture, camping outdoors is great fun, of course. But nature has its inconveniences, sometimes, lighting a fire just isn’t enough brightness and the lack of access to electricity can be frustrating, especially to the younguns.
You can be in the middle of a storm or a hiking trail, but with an emergency portable radio, you not only have TWO sources of bright light but access to radio communication AND a power source for charging.
Feel comfort and convenience from this emergency portable radio, because it’s not just lightweight, it’s also made for years of use. It’s extremely reliable.
Get this emergency solar portable radio, it may not be everything you need, but it is a lot of things that you do need!
Why buy our Emergency Solar Portable Radio?
VERSATILE: You have FOUR sources of power, AAA batteries, a Lithium-ion battery, a hand crank, and a solar panel will make sure that you never run out of juice!
MULTI FUNCTIONAL: This item is equipped with an LED flashlight, a reading lamp, AM/FM radio and USB charging port.
DURABLE: Drop-proof design made of hard plastic, along with being rain and spill-proof, it is perfect for use in emergencies and outdoors.
EASY TO USE: Equipped with an antenna to ensure strong radio reception. The flashlight is also adjustable for brighter light and the radio volume is also adjustable.
EMERGENCY SIREN: It also comes with emergency lights and siren for disaster and rescue response.
ESSENTIAL: Any disaster preparedness kit needs an emergency radio, flashlight, power bank, and SOS emitter. Fortunately, this item has all those bases covered, in other words, this is one item that your disaster kit can’t be without!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will the radio work during a storm?
A: The radio covers a wide frequency even during an emergency and also has an antenna attached to allow clearer and more accurate transmission.
Q: Is this waterproof?
A: No, it cannot be submerged in water. However, it is rain-proof and spill-proof.
Q: How fast will the solar panel charge the batteries?
A: The solar panel can only carry a charge of 15 amperes. It is recommended to use the solar panel while AAA or Li-ION batteries are running to slow down battery consumption.
Q: How long will it take to charge the batteries using the hand crank?
A: The hand crank takes 4 hours of charging from 130-150RPM of turning. We recommend having an extra supply of batteries in your emergency kit and resorting to the hand crank as an emergency option.
How To Power Up The Device:
- At the bottom of the device there is a switch, make sure the switch is in the middle.
- Put 3 AAA batteries into the battery slot at the side of the device beside the hand crank.
- If batteries are unavailable, you can power up the device using the following sources:
- Solar Power - Lift the solar panel on top of the device and face it towards the sun.
- Hand Crank - Crank the lever clockwise if the device is in your right hand and counterclockwise if the device is in your left hand.
- Electricity - Plug in your device to an outlet using a USB cord. Make sure that you plug in the Micro USB side of your cord to the device and the Type A USB to your outlet.
- On the radio side of the device, there is a switch to indicate which power source you are using. If you are using batteries make sure the switch is flipped towards the AAA symbol. If you are using any of the other sources, make sure the switch is flipped towards the LI-ION symbol.
How To Use The Powerbank:
- The output for USB charging can be found on the back of the device. Make sure that you plug in the Type A USB to the device and the other end of the USB to your phone.
At the bottom of the device there is a switch, make sure the switch is beside the lightning and phone (⚡📱) symbol.
How To Turn On The SOS Signal:
- At the bottom of the device there is a switch, move the switch to the top beside the SOS symbol. This will immediately turn on the signal and emergency flasher.
❗ This device does not send out messages to first responders. The signal will be heard or seen by anyone in your surrounding area.
How To Use The Flashlight:
- There is a button on the top of the device used to turn the flashlight on and off.
- There is a nob around the flashlight which you can turn to change the focal length of the light so it can be more widespread or focused as needed.
How To Turn On The Reading Light:
- The reading light is located behind the solar panel. Flip-up the solar panel at the top of the device and the reading light will automatically turn on. Close the solar panel to turn off the reading light.
- Frequency Range: AM:520-1710KHz, FM:87-108MHz, WB:162.400-162.550MHz
- Dimensions: 6.2x2.9x2.1 in (157x74x53mm)
- Weight: 10.9oz (310g)
- Power Consumption: 2W (MAX)
- Working Voltage: 2.7-4.2V
- Power Source: 2000mAh / 3.7V Li-ion
- Waterproof Level: IPX-3
- LED Flashlight: 1W / 20LM
- Batteries: AAA 1.5V LR03 (Not Included)
- 1 x Emergency Solar Portable Radio
- 1 x Carabiner
1 x User Manual
❗ 3 x AAA Batteries are NOT INCLUDED!
Be well prepared for the great outdoors AND any disasters with this emergency portable solar radio, not only will you get great lighting from the flashlight and reading light but you’ll also have access to radio and power sources even in the most remote locations!
Wherever you may be or whatever situation you find yourself in, this portable solar radio has got your back!